Sample cover letter for a mechanical engineer
If you’re looking for a job as a mechanical engineer, this sample cover letter will help you draft an introduction to prospective employers that will get results.
Stand out from the competition with a well-crafted cover letter.
If you’re looking to stand out, an impressive cover letter will help you manufacture an introduction to prospective employers. View our sample cover letter for a mechanical engineer below.
Additionally, you can learn about engineering careers and search for mechanical engineer jobs on Monster.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
ROBYN A. MATTHEWS
15 Elm Lane
Sometown, IN 55555
Home: (555) 555-5555
January 9, 2018
Mr. Andrew Smith
Director of Operations
15 Lafayette Way
Sometown, IN 55555
Re: Mechanical Engineer Position (Ref. Code: 12345), advertised on Monster.com
Dear Mr. Smith:
Your job description for a mechanical engineer perfectly matches my qualifications, and I am very interested in the opportunity.
I have enjoyed a progressively responsible engineering career with ABC Manufacturing Co., and participated in the engineering of three major car model changes. I am experienced in all phases of new vehicle model development and implementation, from conception to production stages. Most recently, I have:
- Contributed to major model changes for the 2008 Carname, 2007 Carname and 2006 Carname;
- Developed process plans and layouts for seven additional car models;
- Reduced ergonomic impact on production team members by designing new assist lift systems;
- Helped create estimation and calculation tool for project budgets, greatly improving negotiating power with installation contractors; and
- Built rapport with overseas colleagues, often traveling to Japan for production consultations.
In addition, I have served as lead engineer in establishing standards that have reduced costs, enhanced efficiency, improved production methods and simplified equipment and part needs.
Mr. Smith, I have received repeated commendations from ABC Manufacturing Co. for my work quality, revenue contributions, and commitment to achieving company goals, and I know I would be a valuable asset to your North American Division. Please feel free to call me at 555-555-5555 or send an email to email@example.com to arrange a meeting. I look forward to speaking with you!
Robyn A. Matthews
See all sample cover letters on Monster.
Now that you've got the hang of writing a great cover letter, become a Monster member and upload your resume so recruiters can find you as soon as jobs open up.
Civil engineering cover letter
View this sample cover letter for civil engineering, or download the civil engineering cover letter template in Word.
As a civil engineer, you know how to design and build great structures—but how are you at composing your cover letter? To be considered for top civil engineering jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for civil engineering, or download the civil engineering cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about engineering careers and look for civil engineering jobs on Monster.
Civil engineering cover letter template
Lena Marks, EIT
Sometown, AZ 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Portfolio URL
November 8, 2017
Ms. Diane Smith
55 Circle Point
Sometown, AZ 55555
Re: Civil Engineer Trainee III u Advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Smith:
Your civil engineer trainee position is an exciting opportunity. ABC Company’s stellar reputation for providing quality service and project support to your clients is well-known, and I am motivated to join your team.
Highlights of my credentials:
- BS in civil engineering and Engineer in Training (EIT) certification from NCEES.
- Two years of experience as a civil engineer trainee and intern for premier design firms.
- Hands-on experience providing project design and site civil engineering leadership for water, wastewater, roadway and other municipal infrastructure projects in Sometown, AZ.
- Delivery of on-schedule, on-budget and high-quality completion of infrastructure projects with varying degrees of complexity and budgets ranging from $500K to $6.8M.
- Proficient in preparing drawings and technical specs using AutoCAD Civil 3D and MicroStation.
In addition, I have worked closely with licensed PEs to save our clients and employers tens of thousands of dollars while maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements. I have provided creative, cost-effective design solutions to issues including erosion, corrosive groundwater, insufficient water inflow/drainage, soil instability, steep-slope grading and other engineering challenges.
If my credentials and strong understanding of municipal water and wastewater infrastructure systems are well matched to your needs, please contact me at (555) 555-5555 or email email@example.com to schedule an interview. Thanks very much.
Lena Marks, EIT