Our Approach to Homework
At Shavington Academy we see homework as an opportunity to develop skills to become more independent and to extend learning beyond the classroom. Homework is set on a regular basis, as per the timetables listed on our website.
Homework is set as:-
- Reading ahead
- Completing work and writing up work
Top Tips for Pupils to Prepare for Homework
- Create a space in the house to work in; this can be as simple as at the kitchen table, or in a bedroom
- Set a routine: e.g. the same time every day, check your planner and Show my Homework app, get a drink and snack, sit down and work through the tasks
- Ensure that equipment is available: pens, pencils, ruler, paper, calculator, exercise books, text books etc
- Keep noise and distractions to a minimum; ensure that phones and TVs are switched off
- Talk to parents about your homework tasks, they may be able to support you, if you need it
- Look at the feedback from your subject teachers when you are completing your homework, to show you have followed the action points given
- Time management, if you feel that you have a lot of homework to do, plan out the tasks over the course of the week, so that you don’t miss any deadlines
Head Teacher Welcome
Thank you for visiting our web site.
We are very proud of the education that we provide at Shavington. It is rooted in a collective drive for all pupils to achieve their potential academically and for each pupil to become a responsible member of their community, as a young adult.
Year on year, our pupils achieve results above the national average in the majority of subjects within the curriculum. We are extremely proud of our track record of preparing pupils for post 16 study, as well as the workplace. Indeed, a significant number of our pupils go on to study post 18. We believe that they are prepared for this endeavour through the values here at Shavington Academy.
It is very important to us that our pupils enjoy their time in school. Extra -curricular opportunities across sport, the arts and sciences, with opportunities to travel and try new experiences all play their part in making the school experience a rich and rewarding one. Pupils play their part in the quality of education that they enjoy, through their high standards of behaviour, a commitment to helping others and a strong sense of integrity.
I hope that you will find the information that you are looking for. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you require further information.
Mrs C White B.A ( Hons) , M.A, NPQH